Addiction & it’s treatment with homeopathy
What is addiction?
- Intense cravings or urge for the substance, alcohol, tobacco, drug etc.
- Always pre-occupied with the thoughts of alcohol or tobacco or the drug to have.
- Making unsuccessful attempts to quit addiction.
- Persistently addicted in spite of being fully aware about its side effects.
- Failing to fulfill major life responsibilities.
- Giving up social activities & hobbies.
- Having the addicted substance at work place or while driving or other situations where it is restricted or not safe.
- Developing tolerance to the substance, so that more quantities are needed to feel the ‘kick’ or ‘high’.
Causes of addiction:
It is based on genetics, brain chemistry, psychological and environmental causes.
- Genetics: It is a genetic disorder. Individuals who have a family history of addiction are more likely to develop an addiction themselves.
- Brain Chemistry: Some individuals may lack proper amounts of neurotransmitters in brain responsible for pleasure. In response to this deficiency they may turn to addiction to induce feelings of pleasure.
- Psychological: Individuals suffering from sadness, depression or some other mental illness may turn to substance abuse.
- Social & Environmental: Children of substance abusing parents are more likely to grow to develop a substance abuse disorder. Children are four times more likely to become an addict because of their developing mind and body. Here, the brain may mistake the substances as an important neurotransmitters for pleasure and programs itself to depend on it causing the child to crave it more. Additionally, those who begin to abuse substances at an early age are more likely to develop an addiction later in life. Substance abuse is strongly influenced by friends and peer pressure. Giving in to temptation can be dangerous for teens and adults.
Side effects of addiction:
- Weakening of immune system
- Cardiovascular complications
- Liver damage and/or failure
- Impaired decision making
- Worsening of emotional well being and interpersonal relationships
- Loss of job or academics
- Domestic abuse
- Child abuse
- Legal problems
If you feel you or your loved one is addicted in the above manner then you need to address the issue. If you are a parent then tell your child you love him or her and that you want to help. Consider the following treatment options, counselling and good diet.
Homeopathy for Deaddiction:
Homeopathy offers an excellent support for those withdrawing from drug, tobacco or alcohol addiction. It relieves the immediate withdrawal symptoms as well as it treats the underlying cause, inherited, acquired or emotional.
Homeopathy has many effective remedies for deaddiction; the top most are Sulphur, Avena Sativa, Nat Mur, Cannabis Indica, Nux Vomica, Quercus, Capsicum etc. These remedies are selected on the basis of patient’s genetic make up, physical make up and mental make up and the doses are administered according to the severity of the addiction. The treatment is coupled with counselling, diet and life style modifications. This holistic way of treatment ensures the disease is treated from the roots so the chances of recurrence is less.