Alcoholism or Alcohol addiction is a disease of brain that can creep into a person’s life without even realizing it. There are only couple of medicines used in conventional medicine to treat alcoholism; however these work only temporarily and come with associated side effects. On the other hand, homeopathy has been extensively used to treat alcoholism from its roots with minimum chances or relapse.
The following things need to be managed effectively to achieve optimal result for alcohol addiction
- Total detoxification of the body and management of withdrawal symptoms
- Medications to control addiction
- Rehabilitation in severe dependency
Homeopathy for alcohol addiction:
Homeopathy offers an excellent support for those withdrawing from drug or alcohol addiction. It relieves the immediate withdrawal symptoms as well as it treats the underlying cause, inherited, acquired or emotional.
Homeopathy has more than 100 remedies for alcoholism; the top most are Sulphur, Avena Sativa, Nat Mur, Cannabis Indica, Nux Vomica, Quercus, Capsicum etc. These remedies are selected on the basis of patient’s genetic, physical and mental make up and the doses are administered according to the severity of the addiction. This holistic way of treatment ensures the disease is treated from the roots so the chances of recurrence is less.
Healthy diet to cope up with the symptoms of alcohol addiction
Apart from the Homeopathic treatment, there is a need for good diet to detoxify the effects of alcohol. The body needs a healthy diet to make up deficiencies caused by alcoholism. The person needs to take drink at least 3-4 liters of water and eat food containing more vitamins, iron, manganese, potassium, amino acid, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
The following lifestyle modifications will help in quitting alcohol addiction:
- Exercise regularly to keep fit and healthy. Regular walk is one good exercise.
- Drink lot of water to detoxify your body. It helps in removing the toxins from the body.
- Eat small portion of food frequently. Incorporate raw vegetables, fresh fruits and nuts.
- Avoid the company of people with drinking habits.
- Practice meditation.
Click the below link to know about tobacco addiction