Radiofrequency skin tightening is just one of the most popular non-invasive anti-ageing skin treatments. It introduces radio frequency (RF) energy to the skin, creating measurable electrical currents that reshape and contract the skin’s collagen and then tighten the surface of the skin.
Almost anyone who wants tighter skin, or wants to delay further skin looseness, could benefit from radiofrequency skin tightening. Older patients who have very loose skin probably will not see enough improvement to make a non-surgical treatment worthwhile.
A course of radiofrequency skin tightening treatments will help to lift, firm and tighten skin by aiding the skin’s own ability to produce collagen and elastin. Skin concerns including fine lines and wrinkles are targeted. Post treatment your skin will continue to improve due to increased collagen and elastin production. Radio Frequency is quick, convenient and painless, immediately revealing tighter, younger looking skin, all without the cost and pain of cosmetic procedures promising similar results.
You may see a result from your first 2 or 3 radiofrequency skin tightening treatments. However, most people find the best results achieved after a course of 6 to 8 sessions. the number of sessions depends on the area needing the treatment.
Benefits of Radiofrequency skin tightening
- It’s non-invasive; no needles, no surgery.
- No down-time after the treatment meaning you can get straight back to your work.
- It uses the body’s own natural healing abilities to boost collagen.
- The treatment is painless
- Radiofrequency skin tightening improves muscle tone.
- Long lasting results, while injectable and filler results can last for around 3-4 months, improvements with radiofrequency skin tightening can be seen for up to 3 months with results lasting for up to 2 years.
Radiofrequency is a unique facial rejuvenation option that produces dramatic results, effectively reduces the appearance of wrinkles and loose skin for a smoother and more youthful appearance.
Radiofrequency (RF) may be combined with other modalities, particularly light-based treatments like Photofacial, to maximize the benefits of each.