Radiofrequency body shaping is a non-ablative and non-invasive treatment option for unwanted skin concerns of the arms, legs, thighs, buttocks, waist, back, abdominal muscles. The treatment lifts and firms the body.
Low power, high frequency currents are applied to the body while massaging the skin to stimulate the lower layers of the skin and fat. This boosts skin laxity and collagen production, as well as disrupting the fat cells that cause the appearance of cellulite.
The radio frequency energy penetrates the skin layers to selectively heat the skin where the collagen fibres are present. The local heating causes an immediate contraction of the collagen causing tightening of the skin. The heat also breaks and shrinks the fat cells. It also stimulates fibroblast cells that produce produce new collagen and elastic fibres. The effect of this is tighter, smoother, younger looking skin with a visible skin lift with reduced fat and stubborn cellulite.
Most patients will be able to notice an immediate result in the tightness of their skin, but results continue to emerge in the days following the treatment too.
Number of the sessions required:
For longer term results, multiple sessions are required, generally 1-2 per week, about 6-8 treatments in total. However, this depends on the results you want.
To maintain the effects, a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise is advised.
Radiofrequency body shaping treatment has no side effects, but some people might find little redness post treatment but this usually resolves after 30 mins – 24 hours post treatment.
Radiofrequency body shaping treatment benefits:
- Reduces skin looseness and improve the appearance of excess or sagging skin. Common treatment areas are abdomen, thighs, arms, and jowls.
- Sculpting, tightening and toning the skin.
- Increases cellular metabolism, lymphatic drainage, and circulation.
- Streamlines body contours.
- Smoothing and firming the texture of the skin.
- Boosting collagen production.
- Decreases the circumference and volume of the targeted area.
- Minimizes the appearance of cellulite, skin dimpling.
- Reduces stubborn fat.
The result is smoother, tighter, firmer, and a slimmer appearance with NO pain, NO downtime, and NO invasive procedures.
U-Lipolysis is another non-surgical treatment option for reducing localized body fat and cellulite.