Low Level Laser Therapy
Low level laser therapy (LLLT) uses infra-red laser beams to treat a variety of health conditions, one of which is hair loss. LLLT is a painless therapy that requires minimal time commitment. LLLT is a painless therapy that requires minimal time commitment. It decreases inflammation, increases local blood flow and stimulates hair growth. It is FDA approved, and it has been scientifically proven to be both safe and highly effective for hair restoration, when used correctly.
Optimal results are noticed when the right parameters such as the laser wavelength, fluence, power density, pulse structure, and timing of the applied light are chosen.
BENEFITS OF LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
- LLLT treats androgenetic alopecia (Male and Female pattern baldness), It is a genetic condition and it is the most common cause of hair loss in both men and women.
- The stimulation from LLLT helps to shift the weak hair follicles into the anagen phase that is the growing phase and therefore restores hair growth.
- The laser light penetrates the scalp and stimulates the epidermal stem cells which are responsible for the regeneration of hair follicles.
- The increased blood flow that LLLT causes helps to increase the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles.
- LLLT stimulates metabolic processes necessary for hair growth and helps to prevent the build-up of DHT in the follicles.
LIMITATION OF LOW LEVEL LASER THERAPY
Low Level Laser Therapy is highly effective at treating the weaker, thinner hair follicles, making the hair thicker, stronger, and healthier. LLLT only works if there is an active hair follicle however, and it cannot cause hair growth in hair follicles that are already dead. It is therefore best to start LLLT as earlier as possible, in order to obtain maximum hair restoration benefits.
Bonus Tip for Maximizing Hair Regrowth
Low level laser therapy works best when combined with other treatments like homeopathic medications, a well planned diet that arrests hair loss and promotes hair growth, platelet rich plasma and mesotherapy.