Chemical peel, one of the safest and best treatment for flawless beautiful skin
Chemical peel involves the application of a chemical exfoliant to the skin, causing upper layers of the skin to breakdown. A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, hands or back. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
Chemical peel removes imperfections and reveals new layers of skin. Chemical peel can be done on the face, neck, or hands.
Chemical peel can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth.
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and aging
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
- Areas of sun damage may improve after chemical peeling.
- To lighten dark underarms.
After a peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear a broad spectrum sunscreen every day that protects the skin against the UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., and wear a glare and a wide-brimmed hat.
BENEFITS OF CHEMICAL PEELS
- Brightens the skin
- Lightens unwanted pigmentation
- Evens out skin tone
- Increases collagen & elastin
- Diminishes appearance of scars, fine line & wrinkles
- Lightens acne blemishes and prevents further outbreaks
- Smooth out rough skin
- Lightens dark underarms
Achieving great skin takes time, patience and commitment, therefore a series of chemical peels depending on your skin type is recommended to achieve optimal results.